Friday, January 11, 2013

KEVIN SLACK / photographer

So, I said one of the last posts that I was revisiting some photographers I have already featured here.  I ran across an image from Kevin Slack the other day and thought why not. When looking in the archive, imagine my surprise when I found he wasn't there. Meaning I have never featured him here. How can that be, you ask? I ask it, too. I will correct that grievous mistake here and now.

Kevin is a Canadian photographer in love with Cuba and photographing Cuban men. And he does it exceedingly well. He shot a series called The Seduction of Jorge Luis, and this series was featured in Beautiful Mag. There is an extensive interview in English in the Spanish Language Mag Burbujas De Deseo. Well worth the read.

So let's see the Seduction of Jorge Luis. I love his use of highly saturated color in this series, but not so highly saturated as to be distracting. It makes the skin tones of these amazingly handsome men luxurious. I am only posting thirteen images from this series. There are more. Perhaps another time.

















No comments: